The college has its " Women Welfare Cell " functioning in formal sense since 2009.The cell has been established in order to protect the women staff and students associated with the college from any sorts of injustice or sexual harassment of any nature directly or indirectly.
- The 'Women Welfare Cell' functions with the following objectives :
- To help them in developing decision making abilities and self dependence.
- To help them in knowing the importance of good health and nutrition and facilities/ rights available for them.
- To assist them in overall development of their personality.
Convener : Asst. Prof Soumya L
Members : Asst. Prof Bhavana K
Assoc. Prof Nagratna M
- Students can repot their Grievance or Suggestions to the Suggestion Box/Grievance Box.
- Create social awareness about the problems of women and gender discrimination in particular.
- Encourage participation of working in the area of women’s development in the activities of the college.
- Organize seminars, workshops for creating general awareness and orientation of students, teachers, and non-teaching staff for their active and sustained participation in the activities of Cell.
- Organize various types of training programmers and create awareness about self-employment schemes to encourage self-reliance among women.
LIST OF EVENTS
- Guest Lecture
- Logo Making
- Self Defense Program
- Poster Making(both boys and girls)
- Women’s day (1 week Program)
- Debate / Seminars